Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lea Michele's Arduous Rise to Fame

Logging the long hours in advance of a new season of her hit FOX show, Lea Michele was busy on the set of "Glee" in Los Angeles on Thursday (August 26).
Cruising around on a pink bike, the soon-to-be 24-year-old (her birthday's on Friday) was in high spirits as she enjoyed a little free time from the show's intense filming schedule.
Having gone through her fair share of disappointment on the way to stardom, Miss Michele recently spoke with ET about her journey from obscurity to TV stardom.
She tells, "I was working on Broadway in New York, and the [Broadway strike] happened, and my co-star was working on a pilot with ['Glee' co-creator] Ryan Murphy out here in L.A. [in 2007]. I met Ryan ? and we just had a great night talking about Barbra Streisand and our shared love for her, and musical theater and what not ? and I never saw him ever again."
Lea continues, "I came out [to L.A.] with the hopes of taking a break from New York and the stage and maybe get a little guest spot. I was always told I was too ethnic, or not pretty enough, or too much this or not enough of that. 'Glee' was the first audition I went on and Ryan was there, and I went, 'Do you remember me?' and he was like, 'Of course I remember you.' After going through the studio and the network, he then told me that he had written it with me in mind."

Poppy Montgomery Angela Marcello Nikki Cox Magdalena Wrobel China Chow Giulianna Ramirez Katherine Heigl Cinthia Moura Tara Conner K. D. Aubert