Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ke$ha Does Her Own Stunts In VMA Promo

'I thought I was gonna fall on my head, but I didn't,' the singer says.By Mawuse Ziegbe





Ke$ha at her 2010 VMA promo shoot

Photo: Kristian Dowling / PictureGroup




Breakout poptress Ke$ha is up for three MTV Video Music Awards and is slated to present an award when the festivities kick off Sunday, September 12, at 9 p.m. The "Tik Tok" singer is sure to fit right in amid the typical VMA rowdiness, and even the promo for her appearance is chock-full of high-flying stunts and other craziness.

"The concept ... is I wake up, like a pimp, and I hear some noise, and there's like a wind coming through my boudoir doors, and I run to see what it is, and I just get shoved out by this gust of wind that's supposedly 'fate,' " Ke$ha said, setting up the clip. "Then, I start falling and falling through ... all of my experiences that got me to this point, which is attending the VMAs."
Creating the illusion of a free fall for the spot required Ke$ha to swing about on a harness, an experience that apparently looks way more fun than it feels.
"I did do all my own stunts today, and my vag hurts," Ke$ha griped. "It was kind of scary, because ... I was flying around." Being suspended may have been a bit harsh on her lady bits, but the singer said she's no novice when it comes to hanging around for her videos. "I have used some harnesses before [on] my video for 'Blah Blah Blah.' ... I'm into it."
Ke$ha may have some experience getting strapped into harnesses, but she also admitted that dangling from the contraption was the hardest part of filming. "I think the harness was scarier, only because it was immensely painful as well, and I couldn't touch the ground," she said. "I thought I was gonna fall on my head, but I didn't."
Ultimately, the "Your Love Is My Drug" singer wasn't sweating any of the potential risks of shooting the promo.
"I was only, like, 12 feet high," Ke$ha said. "Worst-case scenario: I just would have, like, broke an arm."
What are you expecting from Ke$ha's appearance at the VMAs? Sound off in the comments below!
The 27th annual MTV Video Music Awards will be broadcast live from the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles on September 12 at 9 p.m. ET. Fans can go to VMA.MTV.com (or text VMA to 97979 if they are Verizon subscribers) to vote for the winners from now through September 12.



Related Videos


VMA 2010: First Look


Related Photos


VMA 2010: Behind The Scenes At The Promo Shoot


Related Artists


Ke$ha

Michael Michele Whitney Able Marisa Tomei Roselyn Sanchez Tamie Sheffield Poppy Montgomery Angela Marcello Nikki Cox Magdalena Wrobel China Chow