Saturday, May 26, 2012

Scarlett Johansson Talks Black Widow & "Psycho" with Total Film

She's a part of the star-studded "Avengers" cast that boasts one of the biggest box office money makers ever to grace the big screen, so it seems fitting to find Scarlett Johansson featured in the July 2012 issue of Total Film magazine.

The 32-year-old actress showed off her gorgeous smile in article beginning shot while chatting with the cinema buff-friendly publication about everything from her black widow character and new role in "Psycho" to her status as a sex symbol as she grows older.

Highlights from Miss Johansson's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Total Film!

On how she'd measure up to Black Widow:
"she could definitely kick my a**, that's for sure. She has to remain lukewarm, in a sense. To keep a distance and not make decisions based on her emotions. I always make decisions based on my emotions. I'm not very practical that way. I think I'm hypersensitive and I think I use it for my job, so there are certainly a lot of differences there."

On the films that gained her the most fans:
"When I was growing up, I had the core fans of 'Ghost World', who were really into that, and the other independent stuff I was doing. And that was cool. Then after 'Lost In Translation' it really started..."

On what made her want to play Black widow in the first place:
"I really loved the first 'Ironman'. It reinvented that genre. I was never a big comic book fan. It was really the that film that I found to be very exciting. And 'Ironman 2', it was the first time I've ever been in a big blockbuster that did well, so that was nice."

On being dubbed a sex symbol:
"I never wanted to be a sex symbol. I wanted to be a character actor. Those are the actors I often mostly admire. But I think women that are curvy can be pigeonholed in that bombshell thing. I never think of my characters that way. What can you do about it? As I get older, I think I'm seeing more multifaceted roles. I'm past the ingenue phase, which I'm very thankful for, but I'm happy is over."

On playing Janet Leigh opposite Anthony Hopkins in 'Psycho':
"I'm very excited to play her. There was never really an actor I wanted for portray or do a bio of but I do love Janet Leigh. I've always loved her. She was such a good actor and sexy. But it never got in the way of her work. She was spunky and her relationship with Hitchcock was famously one of great admiration and affection between them."

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/scarlett-johansson/scarlett-johansson-talks-black-widow-psycho-total-film-646678

Radha Mitchell Julia Stiles Rachel Bilson Jennifer Aniston Jennifer Aniston Angelina Jolie Izabella Miko Tara Reid Brittany Murphy Melissa Rycroft