Monday, June 18, 2012

Snooki's Pregnancy Announcement Had JWoww Feeling 'Punk'd'

'I didn't even know what to say. I kinda came off a little weird,' 'Snooki & JWoww' star tells MTV News.
By Christina Garibaldi


Jwoww and Snooki
Photo:

Best friends Snooki and JWoww are about to embark on a whole new adventure. The two have traded in the boardwalk of Seaside, New Jersey, for the streets of Jersey City as they star in their new MTV spin-off, "Snooki & JWoww." Joining them on this new journey are their significant others and, of course, Snooki's baby boy, who's due in September.

When the two first started filming, Snooki had just found out about her pregnancy, and we witness, on camera, Snooki breaking the big news to her "Jersey Shore" housemates, including her partner in crime JWoww.

"I told Jenni, and obviously it's freaky, because if Jenni told me that, I'd be like, 'What the hell is going on?' Snooki told MTV News. "The fact that I have Jenni's support, and the roommates came over and I got to tell the roommates, everyone was freaked out at first. Obviously it's a lot of news, but in the end everybody does support me, so it's nice to have that."

JWoww admits that when Snooki told her that she was not only engaged to Jionni LaValle but also pregnant, she was convinced it was a joke.

"I didn't even know what to say. I kinda came off a little weird — it was just my reaction," JWoww admitted. "I thought I was getting Punk'd 'cause I'm like, this is MTV. In two minutes, engaged and pregnant. I was like, 'No!' "

JWoww wasn't the only one that was surprised at first. Snooki revealed that she and LaValle were planning on waiting to become parents but are now overwhelmed with joy for their upcoming arrival.

"I've always wanted to have a family, have kids and then be engaged," Snooki said. "But I didn't think it would be this soon. I was thinking two years from now, but the fact that it happened ... I think everything happens for a reason, and I'm so excited."

Snooki, who announced that she was pregnant and engaged back in March, was met with mixed reactions, but she said she doesn't pay attention to the negativity. She's just ready to become a good mom.

"We all know I really don't care what people think about me and I'm just myself, and if you like me or you don't, it is what it is," Snooki said. "As long as I know that I'm going to be a good parent and I'm taking care of myself and being healthy, that's all that really matters."

"Snooki & JWoww" premieres Thursday, June 21, at 10 p.m. ET/ 9 p.m. CT.

Related Videos Related Photos

Source:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1687601/snooki-pregnancy-jwoww.jhtml

Julie Berry Tricia Vessey Anne Marie Kortright Michelle Trachtenberg