Friday, November 23, 2012

Joseph Gordon-Levitt Visits "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno"

Spending his Thanksgiving Eve making a television appearance, Joseph Gordon-Levitt paid a visit to “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” on Wednesday (November 21).

The “Lincoln” actor looked handsome in a suit and mismatched socks as he chatted with Leno about his recent appearance on "Saturday Night Live," in which he spoofed the film “Magic Mike.”

Asked what his friend Channing Tatum thought of the skit, Gordon-Levitt replied, “He e-mailed me while it was on. In fact, he e-mailed me twice. His first e-mail was like, ‘You’re killin’ it.’ The second e-mail said, ‘Humping the floor equals amazing.’”

The 31-year-old also spoke about Daniel Day Lewis, revealing that his “Lincoln” co-star liked to keep in character while on set.

“He himself was such a different person than the character he played,” Joseph explained. “And for him to go back and forth between cuts would kill the momentum. He stayed pretty much in. I never physically met Daniel until after we were done shooting. I had some contact with him. He sent me some really nice text messages and then he gave me a handwritten letter with this old fashioned fountain pen and old fashioned stationery. From what I understand, he actually studied Lincoln’s penmanship and he wrote it sort of as himself and sort of as Lincoln. He signed it A/D for Abraham and Daniel.”

When asked the contents of the letter, Gordon-Levitt replied, “He was just welcoming me to the job, and I think he wanted to extend a warm welcome because when I met him in person, it was ‘Hello Robert’ (Joseph's character), not very warm, because that was their relationship. That was that.”




Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/joseph-gordon-levitt/joseph-gordon-levitt-visits-tonight-show-jay-leno-765254

Anna Kournikova